Monday, September 19, 2011

Vanishing Act: Now You See Me, Now You Don't

I've learned the art of how to disappear. Whether that be a good things, or a bad thing, I do not know. Sometimes I need to get away, be alone in solitude, not in loneliness. But often, I see myself disappearing out of habit. At a party, in my own apartment, at an event, I become alone. What I've noticed over the past year or so, is my unwillingness to be around people that seem to not want to be around me. I feel like its worthless spending time around "friends" that wouldn't come to my door if I asked them to, but would rather allow the busyness of life keep us apart. Thus I disappear from their life. In moments like this I think that its wrong of me to do so, but at the same times, I see the people that are truly excited to see me, and genuinely want to be around me. They are the ones that are still around me. I like to call them my "true friends" but sometimes its surprising to see which people stick around me. I didn't know they felt so close to me. And if I mean something to them, I don't want to disappear from their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment