Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dinner with Friends

Yesterday evening, I enjoyed dinner with some close friends of mine. It was fantastic to cook a meal for them. I cook often for myself, but providing for more than just myself was truly something special. But I what I like to note, more than just the food and company that was enjoyed, is the conversation that was had. When you're among close friends, conversation isn't lofty and empty but there is conversation that is deep, sincere and worth spending time on. Of course there are the conversations that are simply fun, but always with close friends, there are ties when you say what you think to the other person because there is actual concern for them, their well being and anything they get themselves into. If I have learned something over the course of my college years, is that a good friend will speak their concern into you not because they don't want you to do succeed, but because they love and care for you in all you're endeavors. I believe that a friend is not a true friend if they do not state their concern for you in whatever you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment