Friday, September 16, 2011

Relying On God

Recently, I have noticed that I have allowed myself to be moved by the things that I see, what seems real to me. With the start of school comes the start of financial issues. I have a minimum wage paying job, that had taken hours away from me so that i'm only working once a week, and it seems like no one else is hiring. I'm concerned with the struggles I have of finishing paying off this semester, while needing to pay of the semester ahead of me so I can study abroad, and the possibility of having to pay for a summer program that I may not have the money for. I have allowed myself to be buried in what I see, and thus I am struggling. But I have found my strength in 2 Cor. 5:7. In a moment where I feel so stretched out, that I no longer feel like I have control, I realize that I'm doing things all wrong. I am being moved by what I see, and in different words, I am walking by sight. 2 Cor. 5.7 says, "For we walk by faith, not by sight." Paul is writing this in a time where he says they are "In this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed..." Despite the circumstances of Paul, he and his companions are not moved by what they see in the situation, but the hope of the Lord in their future, and what He will do for them soon. I know that the Lord is going to provide for me, I need to focus on that. Walk by my faith, not by my sight. I'll watch the Lord provide all that I need, and then more.

No comments:

Post a Comment