Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Playing Ball

I don't believe there is anything I enjoy more than playing basketball. Its my favorite sport to watch or be apart of. There something about this game that I cannot really communicate that makes it fun. Perhaps its the rush of adrenaline that comes while you drive the lane hoping a small window of opportunity shows up giving you a view to the hoop for a clear shot. Or its how suddenly a burst of energy can enter your body even though you've played an entire game and are completely tired. Maybe even how no matter how loud the crowd can be that is cheering you on, the court seems silent when playing, as if its only your team against the other battling for the win. There is more to the game I love, but I've learned to enjoy it in a new way.
I used to be ultra competitive in games, I simply had to win and would at all cost. That competitiveness helped me to win quite a few games with my team, but I did not enjoy the game as much. One day I tried to have fun in a game and not just win. I lost the game, but I had the a great time playing against other players. Since then, I've learned to have fun with every aspect of the game and truly appreciate the game. I like playing it just to play. Whether its 21 with 2 other guys, or 3-on-3, or if I'm on the court by myself working on my foot work for whenever the next game is, I enjoy doing it all. the game and all it entails, win or lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment