Saturday, July 9, 2011

Leadership

I've heard that the way to become a good leader is to be under a bad one for a long time, so you know exactly what NOT to do...
I've heard that the way to become a good leader is to be a good follower...
I've heard that the way to become a good leader is to always look after those who are with you...
I've heard that the way to become a good leader is to be harsh, apply strict rules and make everyone respect you...
I've heard that the way to become a good leader is to be a good listener...
I've heard that the way to become a good leader is to always be available...
I've heard that the way to become a good leader you need to always have someone else to follow...
I've heard that the way to become a good leader you need to buy the book, and learn all the easy steps to being a good leader...
I've heard that the way to become a good leader you need to be a good speaker so others will be drawn to you.
I've heard that the way to become a good leader you need to think out of the box and be different from everyone else.
I've heard that the way to become a good leader you need to lead.
I've heard that the way to become a good leader you need to be born with an innate ability to lead.
I've heard that the way to become a good leader you need to be strong and confident in yourself.

I've heard of so many ways to becoming a good leader, and some work, some don't. I think the best way to be a good leader is to be adaptable. No matter who you are, or what leadership position you're in, each job, day, moment is different from another. And to be a good leader, you need to be able to lead for that day and be what that day needs you to be, whether its strong, confident, strict, rule keeper, a good speaker, or a good listener. Whatever is needed for that moment for whoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment