Sunday, July 10, 2011

When You Love What You Do

My boss comes up to me and says, "Hey, I like to handle things straight forward and learn from my mistakes so we don't do them again in the future. On that note, I picked up your trash from your Espresso Cart this morning."
My response was simple, "I'm sorry, I must have forgotten it, I'll take care of it next time."
As my boss turned to walk away, he stops, turns back and says, "And by the way, if I haven't told you, you are doing a good job."
Politely I thank him for the compliment. But perhaps he didn't like the way I may have seen it as just a light compliment, so he completely faces me and says, "No, you are doing a Great job, and I really mean it."
Surprised, and a bit stunned, I answer, "I like working here sir, so I try to do a good job."
His response, "Well you are, keeping it up. Thank you"

When you enjoy what you're doing and when you like where you are, work is not work, but an enjoyable activity that you happen to get paid for, and people will notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment