Saturday, April 23, 2011

To Travel the World

Over the past week I’ve traveled from one end of the country to the other side and back again. Currently, I’m on a train going from one end of my state to the other. Traveling has become a bit of a habit. I remember when I was younger that I would want to travel and see places that I have not been to; I wanted to see the world, and all that it has to offer. I always thought I should start with my own country, which is rather big in itself, and see what new and interesting people would cross may path as I travel around. As I’ve been going here and there, I’ve noticed that I have been truly fortunate on my travels. I’ve been on two trips to the other side of our country, one to Atlanta, Georgia the other to Charlotte, North Carolina and the payment for it never came out of my pocket. No I am not a clever thief, but a fortunate man who has been favored by God. It is amazing to think that those trips I have had to pay for nothing. With airports always raising their prices its amazing to have had such a blessing of having my dream of traveling provided for, especially when both of these travels were not necessarily a part of my long term plans but came quickly and were surprises that needed quick planning. It seems the prayers I had as a child are coming to be answered. It makes me think that though I may not see a quick answer to my prayers, in due time they come. Perhaps, God is just waiting for me to be ready to move to where He provides. These travels have come in opportunities that were unexpected and exciting, which makes me look forward to the travels of my future, the ones that are planned, and the ones that are fun surprises. Either way, God is answering the prayers I had as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment