Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Victories

Each day can be filled with little victories that make life a little more exciting. I'd say that these victories are ones that no one else can appreciate like you can. It can be something personal that no one else may notice or understand. Just the other day, I had one of these little victories. At work, for quite some time now, my favorite dustpan and broom was missing. (*side note* I currently work at a place where there is a coffee shop, deli, grill and quikimart all next to each other in one building) I had been stuck using different ones which are lower grade and were not as easy to be used. It wasn't making life terrible, but just not as easy. But, one day as I am looking for the broom and dustpan, I notice that the coffee shop manager had my favorite dustpan and broom. Slyly I walk over and grab the precious items, and ask the manager if they were using it. And once I heard them say no, a loud cheer went off in my head. I had found my broom and dust pan from the clutches of the unknown. (I no longer trust the coffee shop people, since I found them with my cherished possessions. just kidding...) I told a friend about this happening, they did not seem to have the same excitement that I had for finding what was lost. It was a little victory, something that helped me get through my shift with a little more excitement. Though it wasn't the big "thing" that kept me going for the rest of my day, it was something that made me smile when I needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment