Friday, January 4, 2013

My Final Homestand

It wasn't till late today that I realized this would be one of the last times I would stay at home for such an extended time. Today is the second to last night that I'll be spending with my family for my final winter break. Ill be graduating come May and plan on moving into my own apt down south and not rejoining my family's home.

While I silently say a small goodbye to this house, I am filled with memories from almost everything  I see around the house.
     The small gate in between my living room and kitchen has been there as long as we've had our small Yorkshire Terriers. But my most fondest memory is is when Babie, the second dog which was considered mine, was still a lil pup. She was so small, she actually fit in between the wholes in the fence. For some time we couldn't figure out how she was getting past the fence she finally did it in front of us.
     I remember my sister as a teen living in the room across from the room my brother and I would share. She was always the leader and the cool one out of the three of us. I remember saying I wanted to marry her because she was so pretty! My brother would remind me what wanted would never come true. I only have good memories of my siblings when we were young.
     There used to be a gym placed outside where my brother and father would regularly workout. The cover over it was slabs of weak wood which would always manage to stay up through the rain and winds. By the time I was old enough to actually use the gym, most of it had worn itself out from the weather and it was time to give it away.

My house is not the same as when I first was carried into it nearly 22 years ago. Its been remodeled, reroofed, repainted and even added to. The house has grown and change almost as much as I have. It truly may deserve a grand goodbye for giving me so many memories for so long. Instead, my fair well will instead be nothing notable. I'll walk into my parents truck and drive away looking back with simple gratitude for what it has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment