Thursday, January 10, 2013

Feeling 22

It seems like there are certain ages that are more "fun" than other ages.
    10: You finally hit the double digits!
    15/16: Depending on if you're following a Latino or American culture...but they are essentially the same thing and only for girls :(
    21: Legally able to drink.
    24: Legally can rent a car. (in some states)
    30: The day you realize you're no longer "young."
    40: The day you realize...you're "old."
    50: You're finally lives a half a century.
    100: Still alive!? You're Awesome!!

Today is my birthday and I am turning 22. Technically I won't officially be 22 until 10 something this evening, but as you may notice 22 isn't one of the most fun ages to turn in this culture. Although, Taylor Swift's song may add some hype to this year of life, its not quite a major hit.

One of the things I'd like to do this year is to not live it as if it is a "normal" fill in year. I want to do things which I have never done before. I want 22 to be the best year of my life yet! I have the feeling that it has the potential to be.

During this age I will be experiencing some major changes.
    Graduating from my 4-year university
    Purchasing my first car (technically this happened 4 days before my birthday, but I didn't have the official car title in my name till after my birthday)
    Landing my first Full Time Job
    Living fully on my own
    Starting the rest of my life!
These are all major changes indeed!

No matter what happens, these 365 days of being 22 will be some of the biggest days of my young life. Now, I just need to live everyday just the way I want it too and everything will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment