Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What They Said

They warned me not to, but I did it anyways.
They asked me if I was going to be alright, I said, "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"
They said it was going to be hard, but I didn't believe them.
They questioned my motives, but I couldn't respond with a good answer.
They seemed to want to protect me, but I don't need to be saved.
They believed that I was doing the wrong thing, but I felt like I needed to do it.
They told me it will hurt, but I thought I would be strong enough.
They recommended being patient, but I've been waiting for too long.
They advised to find something new, but the old was so good.
They knew where my heart was, but didn't see that I couldn't take it back.
They expressed their concern, but I'm doing this on my own.
They wished for the best, but I know the best won't happen.
They give me no hope, but I'll take false hope over nothing.

Today, I'll find out if They are right.

1 comment: