Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

I like the cuteness of the "Make a Wish" idea on 11:11, but I always say what I've heard a friend once say, "Pray for your future spouse." And I really do pray for whoever they are, if there is one out there for me. Today is a monumental day though, for the make a wish people. Its 11/11/11! so fascinating. It doesn't happen often. I secretly wished for a long time that I could get married on this day, but as fate would have it, I don't even have a girlfriend. I remember when I was younger that I wanted to get married young. I was excited to start living life with a beautiful wife that would be just in love with me as I would be with her. We would travel everywhere, do everything and be completely happy. Today, my romantic ideal of getting married young has drifted away as my age has gotten higher. Though by many people's standards I am still young, but I have no one to complete my youthful desire with. It seems like the more days that pass the less likely that this dream will be fulfilled. It seems that this type of romantic idealistic dream of love has escaped my grasp too many times for me to care enough to go through the motions another time. I won't be getting married today, unfortunately. Though I will be looking into eyes of possibility, I know it won't happen because I've already been told no before from this opportunity. I am too devoted though to leave the ashes so soon without looking for a leftover piece of hope. Once I move on, I will sit on the stool of apathy until I am awakened by another desire. Perhaps the next one will grant my wish. If not, then I don't believe I'll say a prayer when 11:11 comes around next. I'll be wishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment