Thursday, June 16, 2011

Livin the Dream!

We have a saying at the college that I go to when we talk about how we are doing. When someone ask how are you doing the response would be "I'm living the dream." It a fun way to make the life of papers, 3 hour classes and the everyday schedule seem a little more exciting. I began to think about this line that has started. I really enjoy saying this when someone asks me how I'm doing, even though I'm not really living my dream. But when I say that I find this exciting, I mean that it makes me feel like I'm actually living the way I want to live, that I'm choosing to live the way I am. Then I think about my living situation. Right now my living situation is me being one of seven people staying in a double wide, where we are only a few steps away from our work and are just on the edge of the beautiful Santa Cruz, Ca. Its a good life, that I'm enjoying a lot. Though its not my dream life, it is a good life that I live. It makes me think about John 10.10 when Christ says talks about life and how he came to give us a life that is full. And though he may have been talking about life in heaven, its easy to see that he could have meant that he wants our life to be full here on earth. And I really like that idea. I may not be living the dream life right now, but I can definitely say that I'm living a full life.

No comments:

Post a Comment