Sunday, May 29, 2011

Prayer Partner

The group that I am working with is also a ministry. When we had our first Bible study together we did something that I have not done before with any other ministry. We did prayer partners. We drew names out of a hat and whoever we chose we were going to pray with. My partner was Cherry Flame (we came up with nik names for each other, i'm Brown Shugar aka B. Shug) and we decided to go out for a walk and talk about what we needed prayer for. This whole process was actually quite exciting. I really enjoy walks, especially at night because the beauty of the night sky opens and the way that any light shines allowing so much to be seen from so little light. As a person who does not really open up to many people, I think that the openness of a walk allows for people to open up and say the truth. My partner and I were able to converse about the situations we are in, the expectations we have and the all that is at hand for this summer. As we circled the camp, we find a spot under a street light to sit, and after we had just spoken what was on our minds, we stopped and prayed for all of it right there. They were simple prayers for one another, and sometimes its the simplicity that makes everything great. A simple walk, a simple prayer, a simple memory I will keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment