Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Confidence of a Child

I'm currently sitting next to a little boy who, as he just told and showed me, is 5 years old and has amazing powers. I was not necessarily in a mood to talk to anyone, simply wanting to sit and enjoy my drink and computer time, but this boy did not care, he was determined to talk to me and tell me about his himself and his powers. First, I found he had three toys with him, small action figures of superheroes: The Flash, Batman and, his favorite, Sports Master (who is that!?! and what kind of a name is Sports Master for a superhero???) He then told me that he can stand on his hands, run fast and even breathe fire out of his nose! My favorite though is when he told me that he can fly. I gave him a surprised look and said, "Really?", he laughed and said, "Why are you surprised? Of course I can, my dad taught me." Over time, as he ate his Little Caesar's pizza and bread sticks, I got to see to know a lot about this boy, but the trait I think I liked best about him was his confidence. He would laugh at things that were going on in his head and when I looked at him he didn't care that I starred at him. When he showed me his strength of picking up a stack of chairs with only his pinky finger, he acted like he actually did it and if I questioned his strength he would have called me crazy! He came and sat down next to me as if he belonged there and talked to me as if he was a long time friend. It was fascinating the time I spent with him. I honestly wish I could have his confidence when I walked into foreign places and spoke with people that I did not know when I walked in. He looked, walked, talked as if he own the place ans no one could tell him others wise. That is the type of confidence that I want in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment