Monday, May 16, 2011

My Simple Porch

I sat out on my porch this afternoon and played my ukulele and sang of the rain that poured down a foot away from me. It was absolutely lovely. As a person that thoroughly enjoys the rain and sitting out on a porch, it was a good time for me. The smell of the rain blown in by the cool wind was all about me giving me a refreshing breath of air. The sound of the ukulele chimed beautifully with the rain pattering down as the consistent beat. Though my arms were cold from being outside with only a t-shirt, my heart was warmed from the moment; and though I played in the middle of a personal trial, I had a smile on my face. I was having the time of my life, sitting on my porch, with my dogs besides me. For that time, I was able to finally able to relax and enjoy the moment with all issues away from my mind. It was simple but beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment