Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Beginnings 20 & 11

A New Year, a fresh semester, a birthday! Things seem to be starting anew for me. My birthday and the start of my semester back on the main campus of my school (after being "abroad" for the past two semesters) happen to be on the same day. The combination of these two events made that day delightful for me. I would say that it is interesting though having so many new beginnings for myself all at the same time. It occurred to me that I am making an adjustment in my life. I am going to a school that almost seems new to me after being away for so long and not having set solid roots before i left, and now at a new age there are new responsibilities to tackle because of the responsibility that comes with another year of life. Great power may come with great responsibility but the more life I live, the more I am responsible. My life isn't only about me, like it was when I was a child. I'm growing, learning, living. Life throws me new challenges and I no longer cry immediately to my father or mother for help. I rely on what I've been taught, to God and learning to trust those around me. I'm not alone in this new beginning, just in a new position.

No comments:

Post a Comment