Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Disappearance of Friends

I have been blessed by being surrounded by a great group of friends. Unfortunately, my quest for adventures takes me away from the ones I bond closely with, and I am not able to be around them. I am at a position where I am near many people that I once recognized as my closest friends. Some of them I haven't seen in a few months, others more than a year. But for some reason, it seems that I have lost connection to many of them. They have a new experience of life that I am no longer apart of. While I lived in my mountain home, my friends in the city were living their own life. Though I was in a small community waiting for the day that I could go back and see them all again, they were in a large community where I was replaced with another who was more available to them. It seems weird going from close friends living next to one another, and after a few months time, becoming almost strangers. Perhaps I held them to dear to my heart? Or maybe it is the separation was to strong and outlasted our patience to wait for one another. Maybe absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder, but out of sight, out of mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment