Friday, January 28, 2011

Jessica's "Daily Affirmation"



I am not one of those people that spends hours on Youtube watching dumb, funny videos. But every once in a while, I am shown a video that I enjoy, and if I really like it, I tell everyone about it shamelessly. Sometimes others like it and it becomes a big deal in my inner circle, other times, I am the only one that seems to enjoy it. Recently I watched a video about a little girl who encourages herself while looking at herself in the bathroom mirror. She goes off saying things that she likes: her family, house, hair, aunt, cousins. Then she say that she can be different things. The cuteness level is high on this girl, being four at the time of recording. The level of astonishment that I have from this little girl is very high! I believe that I should take up the habit of this girl and encourage myself every morning. it only takes a few moments in the morning. I'm every morning, I see the mirror in the bathroom, why shouldn't I do it. Steve Carell's character in Evan Almighty also gave himself a morning affirmation every morning. It brightened his day, made him a bit more optimistic about what was happening the rest of his day, he was more confident. For the next two weeks I will be write out a short affirmation for myself, look in the mirror, and say it. I want to see if i feel better on days I say it than days I don't. This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment