Thursday, March 15, 2012

Alternate Reality

The other day a friend told me some information that could have really altered the past year of my life had I known the information before. I thought about what would have happened had I known this information. I would not have made certain decisions, and life would be really different today. I have no idea what would actually happen, but I know that what did happen wouldn't have. I know I am being vague, but that is because almost everyone has moments where they can relate to his. You find yourself wondering what would have happened if you would have said Yes, rather than No. Or even the opposite; No rather than Yes. Or maybe in the moment, if you would have waited just a little bit longer, and held out to see what would have happened. These "What-If" scenarios come into play. We create a world in our minds about what would have happened, or more like what we would have wanted to happen, and leave the world of reality.
These scenarios give me a hollow feeling inside my heart. I think that if even if I had the chance to go back and redo my choices, I still would have entered a whole of pain, heartbreak and valleys. Often times I think that we make ourselves believe that if we could change the past we could have avoided all the suffering that we went through. But its not true. The real reason we escape our alternate reality is because we want to escape the pain of reality, of mistakes we made, of words said that we now wish we could take back. Our alternate reality is really just a "perfect" world, that exist only in our dreaming, for better or for worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment