Monday, October 4, 2010

What I Felt


I absolutely love the works of Van Gogh. His life and paintings captivate me. Today I spent much of my time admiring this painting. Dubbed Wheat Filed with Crows, this is the last known painting before his death. I stood for an hour staring at it. Its difficult to say what came to mind as I stared at it. Even looking at the painting gives me the feeling that Van Gogh new his time was coming soon. Van Gogh died in the arms of his brother three days later. I think what this painting makes me think what would have happened if I was there with my brother when he died. What would I have said to him? What would he said to me? How would I tell the story of his death? This painting makes me think about life, the abruptness of death, and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment