Monday, October 18, 2010

Friends

I have friends. Not only does that confirm that I am not a lonely creeper who blogs every now and then, but it shows that I have a life and people enjoy being around me. I love my friends. I am on my way home from a weekend with my good friends that I am not able to see often because of my study abroad semester. Being with them this weekend lighten my heart and excited me for my return to them. I've known most of them for a little over a year, and I think the best part is seeing how much we have grown. There is much more maturity in our conversation; we, oddly, look older than before (maybe not myself I think, because I pretty much look the same.) Our concerns are of higher value, no longer caring as much for the things that occupied so much of our time but now focused on that which will improve ourselves and those around us. I sat down with a friend in her apartment. When I first met her, I thought she was immature and snobbish. (if you are reading this blog, sorry, it true but I still enjoyed being around you!) As we talked on her modern style black couch, I noticed she had grown. She was no longer the little girl that I first met, but closer to a adult woman. A different girl friend of mine, told me that we are mature adults and we should be acting a that way. I thought about that for a moment and say that though our age does qualify us as adults, I wouldn't say that we are in adulthood quite yet, but getting there. Back to my other friend on the couch, we talked about a few things had happened to her while I was gone, just simple life mostly. Though I knew about some of the matters, I got to hear what happened from the actual source. What I noticed in her words was her sense that she was learning from all that happened. She did not complain about her situation or gripe that she had to go through it all, but understood the situation and is using it to grow from it and even helping others who are going through the same type of issues. My friends are growing, like flowers in a garden. (forgive the corny analogy, but there is always truth in corniness.) I enjoy my friends, every moment i'm with them. Living life with the best people I can have around me; people that are learning, growing and loving, patient as we live life together. I love my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment