Saturday, March 5, 2011

What Dreams May Come.

This morning I woke up with my heart pounding inside my chest as if I had just ran at full speed away from something trying to get me. I blame it on the dream I had, it wasn't the most enjoyable one that I have ever had and had me to the brink of sweating. It was interesting because I haven't felt a dream so real in a while. It was intense and relatively believable, making me take a moment to think if what happened was actually real. The dream made me think about where do dream come from and what are they caused by. I understand that some people believe that they are usually based on the last thing you saw before you go to sleep, and others say that they are messages from God and that he speaks to you through them. I cannot see really either of them being fully true. First because I've only had two dreams, that I remember, that actually dealt with something I saw or did before I went to sleep. Secondly, because dreams are unreliable since some people can control what they are doing in them, some people cannot even remember them, and some people claim not to have them. But still I wish I knew what it was our brains were doing when I have a dream. I enjoy dreaming so much, minus the few that can be considered nightmares, but even those are somewhat enjoyable. They are an adventure to be had that I may never have the opportunity to do. It's watching a movie, where I am the main character and I can learn more about who I am. It is my favorite part of sleeping. My favorite dream that I've had was, in short, filled with memories turned into paintings done by different artist. Each painting meant so much to me that when I saw them in my dream I cried, they were all beautiful. It was a lovely dream that I will always remember. And as my eyes grow tired now I cannot wait for the time to sleep for who knows what dreams may come that I may live within my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment