Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Feet Are Strong

One night while camping, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I saw the words "My Feet Are Strong" craved into the wall of a bathroom in Yosemite Valley. I am not sure what they actually mean, but to me it was slightly inspiring. Inspiring might be taking it a little too far, one might be thinking, it is just writing on the walls. But for me, as I looked at it, I could not help to think about what I was going to be doing the next day. Summiting a peak at 8,000ish feet on a hike that would be a total of 17 miles. It would be a long day. I thought about the last summit I did, and the failure of it. Its not that I did not make it, its that I left my mind behind. I was mentally not strong enough and was in a sour mood the entire time. (Sour is a nice way to put it) My feet were strong enough to carry me to the top but my mind was lagging behind me, struggling to keep up. I think that is why we are "strong in the power of His might." Because our might can get us to the top, or in some cases, almost to the top, but we dont thrive when we make it. We seem to be falling apart gasping for air and rest at the top. But in His might, we continue on with and are able to thrive to our end goal/position, its not my power but his. My feet are strong, but can only do so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment