Sunday, November 21, 2010

Celebrating Life

Today I was snowed in. I was unable to leave my campus unless i walked through the snow somewhere. Unfortunately, there are not many places within walking distance. So I stayed on campus. Today is Sunday, and I go to church on Sundays. So as you probably put together, I could not go to church. My RD decided to have our own little church service in one of our community rooms. after a few fun songs of praise, my RD gave a small sermon. It was the idea that we don't always seem to celebrate life. It was interesting because I began to think about that, and I would have to say that we do not always celebrate our lives. Jesus did. He was at so many parties that people began to ask him why he ate and drank so much! He was celebrating. He loved life. He rose two children from the dead that the may enjoy their lives. My RD talked about enjoying life, and that children seem to know how to celebrate life. Jesus said we are supposed to be child like when it comes to our faith, could that mean also that we should enjoy ourselves? After a short moment of speaking, my RD said that we are going to celebrate life today and go play like children in the snow. There were smiles on everyone's faces. In our play time we played together as a community and celebrated life together. It was one of the best church services I have ever been to. And deeply spiritual, whether some people realized it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment