Sunday, December 8, 2013

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Originally I wanted to post a "Welcome to the Real World" post on the day after I graduated. Unfortunately, the aforementioned 'real world' stole my time, and the post was never published.

Fortunately, 7 months (almost to the day) after graduation day, I've returned to my lost love and started writing again, and specifically tackling this 'real world' that I has stolen my time. Enjoy.


Day after Graduation:
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! What am I doing? Where am I going? Why am I here? What should I do next? Who am I supposed to be with? Why is there no right answer anymore? Where'd all my 'real' friends go? Do I really have to work all the time? Do I own my life?

Breathe....breathe....deep breaths....deeper breaths...sigh...okay. I think I'm gonna be okay!

Place to live: Check
Roommates to live with: Check
Job: Not quite yet, but working on it!
Money: enough to last me till I get a job.
Life: Exciting!

To be honest, the day after graduation wasn't as chaotic as I may have made it seem. It was a lovely day actually. My family was in town for the graduation and wasn't leaving till later. Thus my security blanket was there to cover me just a wee bit longer. It was day two away from school that these questions started.

Fortunately, things were falling into place for me rather quickly. I secured a management position with TJ Maxx which started me a month into the future giving me a convenient time for a vacation. I had spending money to play around with. I was meeting new people and ready to take on the world!

The first day of the rest of my life was full of untapped potential. I was on the cusp of an uncertain future which excited me and scared me all at the same time. Yet to everyone else, it was just another day.




No comments:

Post a Comment